Are you thinking of moving your office? If yes, it’s a great idea to talk to us about your IT needs first.
Moving your office can be just as stressful as moving your own home. It is often time-consuming and expensive. And trust us, if you don’t factor in your IT in your move, the entire process may become even more overwhelming – and more expensive in both the short and long term.
Some general IT tips for moving office:
- Consider how your IT will function in the new office space you are looking at.
- Start packing early – most people grossly underestimate the time it takes to pack and move.
- Mark your boxes and equipment so you can locate them more easily when you unpack.
- Pack your computers, cables and monitors properly – manage each computer individually, remove and bag up cables with labels and take care with ports and pins so they’re not damaged. Always wrap monitors individually and ensure no tape comes into contact with the monitor itself.
- Ensure your data is completely and efficiently backed up BEFORE you move.
- Hire experienced movers who are insured.
- Get in touch with your IT experts, Centrered, early – don’t leave us out until you have a move-in date. Talk to us as soon as you are thinking about an office transition, and we will provide you with all the information you need to know when it comes to your IT and moving office.
So, if you’ve got an office move on your radar, partner with Centrered to help ensure this stressful process will be as smooth as possible before, during and after your move.